Did you know that the Information Security Office (ISO) employs a team of computer forensics experts that is responsible for investigating campus and University of Utah Health cybersecurity incidents? They use special software—sort of like an airplane black box—to figure out the who, what, when, where, why and how of a computer security incident.
Here’s your chance to meet them and get a behind-the-scenes look at computer forensics at the University of Utah.
Learn more: Cybersecurity Awareness Month
This October, please consider taking a few moments to visit the Information Security Office’s CSAM website and check up on your cyber hygiene. Topics include:
- Creating a cybersecure workspace—at home
- It’s a trap! Why so many phishing attacks succeed
- What to do when an abuser uses technology against you
- 8 simple tips to improve your online safety and security
- Common scams—and how to spot them