W-2 forms are available to faculty and staff electronically. Benefits of opting to receive your W-2 electronically include:
– Help the university go GREEN – if you file your tax return electronically, a paper copy of the W-2 is not required.
– You will receive your W-2 several days earlier.
– Your sensitive personal information will not be sent through the mail.
– Budget savings – this will have a positive impact on the university’s budget.
– Your W-2’s are available online back to 1999.
Please take advantage of this opportunity by signing up by Jan. 14, 2015.
To sign up:
1. Sign on to the CIS and click the employee tab (if it is not your default tab).
2. Click Payroll, Taxes and Salary.
3. Click W-2 Consent Forms and you will have the option to select to receive your W-2 electronically.
Employees and their family members who are not yet enrolled in health coverage may still enroll in coverage through the Federal Marketplace (www.healthcare.gov), until Feb. 15, 2015.
University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics will be hosting four additional Health Insurance Marketplace Fairs for employees to talk with vendors about available plans. It is anticipated that Arches Health Plan, BridgeSpan, Humana and Molina Healthcare will have representatives in attendance at all four meetings.
Thursday, Jan. 8, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. in the Red Rock Conference Room (hospital A level)
Friday, Jan. 9, 1– 3 p.m. in the HR Large Conference Room (fifth floor near A elevators)
Thursday, Feb. 5, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. in the Red Rock Conference Room (hospital A level)
Friday, Feb. 6, 1 – 3 p.m. in the Red Rock Conference Room (hospital A level)
At the fair, vendors can assist in understanding the federal requirements, researching available health insurance options, evaluating potential tax credits and applying for coverage.
*Individuals who do not have health coverage in 2015 may be subject to penalties up to $975 per family or 2 percent of yearly household income (up to a maximum), whichever is greater.
For new or longtime employees of the University of Utah, there are several resources on campus, both to assist you in your job and for personal and recreation purposes. Here are a few with links to more information:
• Paycheck information
• Benefits department
• UCard office
• Commuter Services
• University Information Technology
• Staff Council
• University of Utah ethical standards and code of conduct
• Regulations library
• International Student and Scholar Services (ISS)
• Graduate school
• Public safety
Arts, Athletics and Entertainment
• Natural History Museum of Utah
• Utah Museum of Fine Arts
• Pioneer Theatre Company
• Kingsbury Hall
• Virginia Tanner Dance Program
• Campus Recreation
• Red Butte Gardens