Site-Specific Training Topics for Supervisors
If you are a supervisor, you are responsible to ensure your employees are current on all required training regarding hazards found in your area and how to control those hazards.
Items to address include:
- Emergency procedures and plans, evacuation routes, assembly locations and emergency actions.
- Rules for reporting safety violations, incidents, hazards and near misses.
- Safe operating procedures that are specific to the workplace.
- Location and use of emergency equipment such as emergency shower and eyewash stations, emergency stop controls, automated external defibrillators (AED), etc.
- Location and use of fire alarm pull stations and fire extinguishers.
- Proper use of tools and equipment, machine guarding and material handling.
- Proper ergonomic procedures and lifting techniques for the tasks at hand.
- Use of any required safety and/or personal protective equipment.
- Hazard communication: how are employees notified of hazards (and their controls), how can they find additional information.
For other topics, click here.