Master of Public Administration highly ranked by Value Colleges
2016 University Innovation & Impact Award winners
Act now: USHIP (SendSuite Desktop) will be turned off permanently on June 30, 2016
AHA heart walk t-shirt design contest
The MPA program, founded in 1976 is a multidisciplinary plan administered through the Department of Political Science. This allows students and researchers to freely pursue their interests within the context of public administration. At less than $300 per credit hour, the U’s model MPA program is a top value for its students.
Value Colleges ranked institutions by using three metrics:
- Average starting salary for graduates
- Annual cost
- S. News & World Report
The Value Colleges website cites that, “According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, public servants with a master’s degree stand to make more than $12, 000 per year over their colleagues with only an undergraduate degree.” Another incentive to apply to the MPA program is the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program, a new federal program that forgives loans after 10 years of work in the public service.
Other Pac 12 schools that made the list are: No. 5, Arizona State University, No. 20, University of Washington, and No. 24, University of Arizona.
The MPA program was also selected for the 2016 Best of Salt Lake City Award in the Education category by the Salt Lake City Award Program.
This year’s winners are: Jim Agutter, assistant professor of design; Dana Carroll, professor of biochemistry; and Baldomero (Toto) Olivera, professor of biology. Follow the link below to read more and watch videos about the winners.
Learn more about the recipients and watch videos about them here.
In addition to facilitating FedEx and UPS shipping services, SendSuite Live offers a streamlined interface, incorporating U.S. Postal Service (USPS) and Express Mail (deliverable to P.O. boxes) services, as well as Certified Mail options (listed as ERR in the application).
The SendSuite Live shipping application allows campus users to shop UPS, FedEx and USPS in one single interface and ensures that users are getting the university’s contracted rates which, in some instances, can yield savings of up to 65 percent off retail rates.
SendSuite Desktop will be turned off permanently on June 30, 2016. Act now to avoid a disruption in service and get acquainted with SendSuite Live and its expanded capabilities.
Win a cash incentive and have your design on the UUHC T-shirts for the American Heart Association Heart Walk this year.
- AHA’s mission is to build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke — the nation’s No. 1 and No. 5 killers. Think of creative ways to include their mission in your design.
- Every entry must be a digital file in jpg, png, pdf or eps file format. The resolution should not be less than 300 dpi.
- Each entry must be of ORIGINAL design and may not contain any photos and/or artwork that has been altered or modified. The entry must not infringe on the rights of any third party.
- Each entry is due by 11:59 p.m. Friday, June 24, 2016. Please submit your entry along with your name, phone number and email address to: Autumn Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Voting on the entries will take place at the team captains meeting on June 30.
- AHA Heart walk Team captains will vote to select the top five finalists.
- The top five entries will move to the final round and the UUHC Heart Walk Leadership will determine the first, second and third place winners on July 1.
- The first prize entrant will receive acknowledgement by UUHC|AHA Executive Leaders. Plus they will have their design on all of the UUHC Heart Walk T-shirts. If winner is a current employee they will receive a cash incentive of $100 to be added to their next paycheck (winner is responsible for taxes associated with prize). If winner is not a current employee you will receive a gift card or other form of prize equal to $100.
- The UUHC | AHA Heart Walk Contest Design a T-Shirt Contest is open to eligible participants who are registered for the 2016 AHA Heart & Stroke Walk. By participating in this contest, participants agree to be bound by the Official Rules of this contest. Taxes on prizes are solely the responsibility of the winner.