The University of Utah has become the first school in the nation to win the Race & Case competition three years in a row.
The competition, hosted by the Daniels College of Business Graduate Business Student Association at the University of Denver, is two-pronged — it’s a business ethics case competition and Alpine ski challenge. The business ethics case counts for 80 percent of the scoring and the ski racing comprises the remaining 20 percent.
Eccles School MBA students Tania Bashford, Lance Brown, Nathaniel Goodhue, Landon Ford, Annie Studer and Ellie Pritchard took first place this year. Studer was the fastest female skier. The second place team was the Daniels College and Rice University took third place.
The Race & Case team was supported by professors Abe Bakhsheshy and Lynn Suksdorf and Eccles School staff member Candace Horne.
YOUR CHANCE TO WIN DURING MARCH MADNESS
It’s March Madness time. The Daily Utah Chronicle wants you to fill out a bracket, create groups and compete with your friends for prizes. Visit dailyutahchronicle.com/march-madness to sign up. The last day to sign up is Thursday, March 19.
Watch for the NCAA Brackets printed in The Daily Utah Chronicle the week after Spring Break.
RED BUTTE GARDEN NEEDS VOLUNTEERS
Red Butte Garden is looking for school programs volunteers to work with kids (kindergarten – sixth graders) at Red Butte Garden’s summer camps and other family events this summer. This is a great opportunity to give back to the community, get outside, meet new people and teach kids about simple botany and ecology.
Volunteers will also learn all about botany and ecology themselves so you don’t need to know it already.
Training for school programs volunteers is on March 25 and/or March 26, but there will be more training date options if people can’t make those dates.
Visit redbuttegarden.org/volunteer-training for more information or call Meghan Eames, volunteer coordinator at 801-585-5688.
For more information, click here.