Do not move, open, cover or investigate any package you receive that is unexpected or unknown with any combination of the following characteristics:
- Foreign mail, air mail or special delivery
- Restrictive markings such as confidential or personal,etc.
- Excessive postage
- Handwritten, poorly typed address
- Incorrect titles
- Titles but no names
- Misspelling of common words
- Oily stains or discolorations
- No return address
- Excessive weight
- Rigid envelope
- Lopsided or uneven envelope
- Protruding wires or tin foil
- Excessive tape or string
Direct people to leave the immediate area; do not activate the alarm system. Contact University Police at 801-585-2677 and inform them that you have received a suspicious package.
Download the University of Utah “U Heads Up!” app by clicking here.
To register for a “Shipping Category B” training class, click here.