Spring semester and commencement festivities have officially ended, but May through August is peak season for the Office of Orientation & Transition begins. At times, the campus will be filled with groups of students touring campus while attending New Student Orientation (NSO) sessions.
Who attends NSO sessions? If they are new to the U, they are required to attend a specifically catered orientation session—this includes all first-year and transfer students.
First-year students attend a two-day program with an on-campus overnight stay. Transfer students attend a one-day program. Both programs provide students with the opportunity to connect with other new incoming students, explore campus, meet with academic college representatives, register for classes and begin to feel at home at the University of Utah.
The Office of Orientation & Transition is excited to begin welcoming our incoming students and families to the U. We couldn’t succeed without the continual support of our campus partners and the far-reaching campus community. So, when you see groups of wide-eyed students wandering the campus, give them an encouraging smile and flash them the U.
Dates for first-year and transfer student orientations:
First-Year New Student Orientations
- Thursday-Friday, May 30-31, 2019
- Tuesday-Wednesday, June 4-5, 2019
- Thursday-Friday, June 6-7, 2019
- Monday-Tuesday, June 10-11, 2019
- Thursday-Friday, June 13-14, 2019
- Monday-Tuesday, June 17-18, 2019
- Thursday-Friday, June 20-21, 2019
- Monday-Tuesday, June 24-25, 2019
- Wednesday-Thursday, June 26- 27, 2019
- Monday-Tuesday, July 8-9, 2019
- Wednesday-Thursday, July 10-11, 2019
- Monday-Tuesday, July 15-16, 2019
- Thursday-Friday, July 18-19, 2019
- Monda-Tuesday, July 22-23, 2019
- Monday-Tuesday, July 29-30, 2019
- Wednesday-Thursday, July 31-Aug. 1, 2019
Transfer New Student Orientations
- Friday, May 24, 2019
- Monday, June 3, 2019
- Wednesday, June 19, 2019
- Friday, June 28, 2019
- Friday, July 12, 2019
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019
- Monday, Aug. 5, 2019