The University is ramping up preparations for Employee Appreciation Day, 2017. This year’s Employee Appreciation Day celebration is Thursday, Sept. 28, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Rice-Eccles Stadium. All U employees, including student employees, are invited so, SAVE THE DATE.
Call for volunteers
Employee Appreciation Day couldn’t happen without the help of generous U employees who volunteer one or two hours of their time during Employee Appreciation Day. All volunteers receive a T-shirt and a pair of athletic tickets. Volunteers are still needed for this year.
To volunteer, please fill out this form, where you’ll be able to choose the time of day that works best for you and the type of work you’d prefer. A committee member will respond to confirm your assignment.
ONE YEAR TO A LIGHTER U: WELLU COMPREHENSIVE WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM
WellU to offer a new comprehensive weight loss program as a Wellness Activity. This evidence-based, 12-month weight loss program will be free of charge for employees enrolled in the University’s Employee Health Care Plan and will be conveniently located in the RedMed Employee Health Clinic.
Weight loss program begins Sept. 1, 2017.
Participants will meet with a nurse practitioner specializing in holistic weight loss. Visits will be focused on providing individualized support.
- During the first month, the individual and nurse practitioner will meet weekly to ensure continued progress in overcoming obstacles to weight loss.
- During months 2-6, visits will occur every-other-week, focusing on continued progress in reducing weight and achieving personalized health goals.
- In months 7-12, visits will occur monthly with a focus on maintaining momentum in reaching individual goals, and strategies for maintaining a new healthy weight.
During each visit, you and the nurse practitioner will discuss:
- Your weight loss and health goals
- Barriers to success
- Individualized methods of overcoming barriers to weight loss
- Strategies for optimizing and maintaining weight loss
Watch @TheU in the coming weeks for registration information.