U Staff, Faculty and Family Appreciation Evening Science Carnival
Wednesday, Sept. 26, 2018 | 3-9 p.m.
Natural History Museum of Utah
Free for U staff, faculty and their families with UCard
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls—step right up for a night of games, food, science activities and heaps of carnival fun! Explore the museum’s 10 permanent exhibitions, including the newest dinosaur discovery in the Past Worlds Gallery. Play carnival games, enjoy captivating performers and indulge in tasty carnival eats available for purchase.
More merriment to tickle your fancy:
- Delight in the stunts, jokes, mysteries and illusions of Elias “Lefty” Caress, an award-winning magician and entertainer.
- Engage your wiggliest carnival goers in the 40-foot inflatable obstacle course
- Go arm-to-arm in a wrestling contest with the world-famous Strong Man Stan
- Rub shoulders with stupendous stilt walkers
- Get your face painted, have Phun with Physics, and create your own balloon cars or paper rockets.
Bring your UCard and your family to the festivities.
Employee Appreciation Day
Thursday, Sept. 27, 2018 | 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Remember, your UCard is your ticket to get in. If you are a student employee, please send an email to EAD@utah.edu indicating you are a student employee and include your uNID number. You will receive a confirmation email. Please bring a copy of the confirmation email and your student UCard to the main gates for entry.
If you can’t make it to this year’s event but would still like an opportunity to participate, we will be holding a prize drawing for those who can’t attend. Simply send an email to EAD@utah.edu indicating you will be unable to attend EAD and would like to enter the prize drawing. One email entry per person.
We’re happy to welcome community businesses and campus departments who are excited to reach out to our employees.
- Need a flu shot? Flu shots, for employees only, will be available during EAD for as long as supplies last.
- Pick up your complimentary book, DVD or CD at the Hooked on Books tent.
- Drop by the photo station to have your picture taken with a U backdrop.
- Head over to the field to try your luck at the football kick.
- Bingo is back and the fantastic prizes will have you hoping for a black-out.
- Hungry? We’ve got that covered, too
- Ice cream
- Snow cones
- Soft drinks
- Free massages on the plaza, you’ll need to unwind.
We’re also thrilled to present LAHJIT. LAHJIT is an all-genre music group based in Salt Lake City. Heavily influenced by groups with strong harmonies like the Bee Gees, Eagles and Earth, Wind & Fire, the band’s repertoire includes rhythm and blues, reggae, soul, pop, rock, country, jazz, Polynesian and Latino music. From gold standards to modern hits, LAHJIT aims to please everyone from the casual listener, the enthusiastic toe-tapper or a “throw caution to the wind” kind of dancer. So, buckle up and enjoy the LAHJIT experience.
We are excited to offer a bike corral to those who would like to avoid the road congestion by riding a bike to the stadium. You can then drop it off with one of our attendants. The bike corral will be located on the northwest side of the stadium. Additionally, shuttles will be available for those arriving from other areas of campus. Visit our website for shuttle route details.
Visit the Employee Appreciation Day website for more information.