The Wasatch Experience: Teaching Sustainability
U Asia Campus has a new home
Service Up program ranked No. 1 for customer service Medicaid ACOs
UCard design contest
Beacons of Excellence Awards: Call for nominations
Staff scholarship applications being accepted for summer 2016
Join the UU Staff Council
Apply today. Deadline is April 22, 2016.
Doctoral teaching assistant workshop: Aug. 5 and 8, 2016
Faculty workshop: Aug. 8-9, 2016
For more information, go here.
For information on learning abroad opportunities at the UAC, contact Jean Oh in the Office for Global Engagement.
Read the full story here.
UCard will sponsor a contest to determine the card’s new design. The contest runs April 4-18 and is open to all students, alumni, faculty, staff and fans who are 18 years of age or older. The top 10 submissions will be selected by a university committee and then presented to the public for a vote. The winner will be selected on April 29.
In addition to seeing their design on the UCard, the first-place winner will also receive an iPad. The second-place winner will receive a $200 gift card from the University of Utah Campus Store and the third-place winner will receive a $100 Campus Store gift card.
Participants may submit their designs online at ucardcontest.com. After the submission period has closed, watch for updates in @TheU, the Aux News, various campus social media outlets and the university homepage to make sure your vote is counted.
For more information, contact the UCard office at 801-581-CARD.
Beacons of Excellence awards celebrate “best practices” found across campus, including labs, student clubs, individuals, centers and more. Since the award was created in 2012, hundreds of nominations have been submitted by students, faculty, staff and community members.
Nominations are currently being accepted and are due by Thursday, April 14 at 5 p.m.
Recipients of the 2016 awards will be honored throughout the year in print and other media outlets on campus and in the community.
More information about the award and past honorees is available online.
Each scholarship is worth up to $500 and can be used towards the employee’s tuition bill. Scholarships can be used towards professional trainings, symposiums, conferences or workshops and their associated expenses.
The committee will process the scholarship applications in the most fair and judicious manner to benefit the employee, according to the procedures directed by the University of Utah policy. UUSC is an equal opportunity provider.
Qualified applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently working at 75 percent or above Full Time Equivalency (FTE) position (30-40 hours per week).
- Maintained 75 percent or greater Full Time Equivalency (FTE) in a benefits eligible position for two consecutive years as of Feb. 29, 2016.
- Have not received a Staff Council Scholarship within the past two years.
*Current Staff Council Members are not eligible.
Applications are due by 5 p.m. on April 15, 2016, and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Awarded 13 scholarships at $500 each (summer, fall and spring)
- Members participated in the District and Staff Excellence Award selections
- Sponsored several events for staff including Shred Day where staff were able to shred personal documents and dispose personal eWaste at no charge, U-Nights at Real Salt Lake, Utah Grizzlies discount tickets and Salt Lake Bees discounted tickets
- Members actively represent staff interests on several committees across campus
- Members participated in the legislative process as advocates for staff of the U
- Staff Council continues to co-sponsorship Employee Appreciation Day
If you are interested in making a difference here at the U by participating on Staff Council, submit an application before 5 p.m., April 15, 2016. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For detailed information and qualifications for being a part of the University of Utah Staff Council, please visit: Staffcouncil.utah.edu.