The Crankstart Foundation has announced they will once again be awarding $120,000 in scholarships to the Women’s Resource Center (WRC) at the University of Utah. This means there is still money available to disburse to students for the Spring and Summer 2021 semesters.
The Crankstart Scholarship exists to assist adult learners, of all gender identities, at the University of Utah who are pursuing their first undergraduate degree.
Scholarship Amount: $1,500 – $2,500/ semester
Applications Due: Dec. 4, 2020
Awards will be offered by January 10, 2021. Students can use this award in Spring 2021 and/or Summer 2021 Semesters.
- Have and maintain a GPA of 3.0 or greater (both individual semester and cumulative overall GPA)
- Must have a gap of at least five years from your high school to college or in your college education, this gap can be consecutive or cumulative
- Be a resident of the state of Utah, as defined by The University of Utah’s Registrar’s Office
- Be admitted to The University of Utah working toward completion of an undergraduate degree
- Be a matriculated student at The University of Utah
- Be working toward first Bachelor’s degree
- Preference will be given to those who maintain full-time enrollment at The University of Utah, however, you must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours to be considered. Courses that are non-credit do not count toward enrollment, additionally, all courses must be at a level 1000 or greater to be considered.
- Preference will be given to those with financial need as determined by federal guidelines, so students are strongly encouraged to fill out their FAFSA
- Preference will be given to newly matriculating students
Students that are current Crankstart or Osher scholarship recipients are not eligible for the Spring 21/Summer 21 award but will be eligible to apply in Spring 2021 for the following academic year.
Apply here today!