University of Utah President Ruth Watkins has designated October as SafeU Month, an opportunity for the entire campus to engage in safety awareness, education and training.
The SafeU Month planning committee is inviting entities across campus to join the month-long event by hosting events and trainings—whether for internal teams or activities open to the campus community—and by helping to spread safety-related messages. A calendar of events will be available through safeu.utah.edu as well as in @theU. Watch for more information in the coming weeks.
If your team is planning an activity, please add it to the campus calendar via Trumba. For more information, email Cassie Slattery at email@example.com.
Themes for SafeU Month are as follows:
- Week One (Sept. 30-Oct. 6): Did U Know? Learn about resources, support, tools, trainings and other safety general safety information.
- Week Two (Oct. 7-Oct. 13): Staff Readiness. During Fall Break, the focus will be on staff trainings and events.
- Week 3 (Oct. 14-Oct. 20): Mental and Emotional Wellness. Highlight on self-care, suicide prevention, counseling resources, grief and bereavement, mental health support, bystander intervention training, etc.
- Week 4 (Oct. 21-Oct. 27): Physical/Environmental Safety. Topics include lab safety, lighting, digital security and emergency response information.
- Week 5 (Oct. 28-Nov. 1): Relationship Safety. Safety related to all types of relationships—from friends to peers, colleagues and intimate partners.[/bs_well]