Do you know an academic advisor who has made a positive impact on the lives of their students? Nominations are now being accepted from students, staff and faculty for the 2020 University Academic Advising Committee’s Outstanding Advisor Award (more than three years of advising experience) and Outstanding New Advisor Award (three or fewer years of advising experience).
The deadline to nominate is Nov. 15, 2019.
Both awards recognize U advisors who have demonstrated qualities associated with outstanding academic advising:
- Approaches advising as teaching
- Reaches out and supports underserved populations
- Makes appropriate referrals
- Shows a caring, helpful attitude toward advisees, faculty and staff
- Works with students outside of the office in formal university-related activities
- Monitors advisee progress toward academic and career goals
Consider recognizing an outstanding advisor at the U by submitting a nomination today. It only takes a few moments to complete the nomination process.
Photo caption: 2019 Outstanding Advisor Award winner Jason Atherton and Outstanding New Advisor Award winner Katie Barnard